RSAI British & Irish Section
49th Annual Conference
4-6 July 2023, Newcastle, United Kingdom
The call for abstracts extended deadline: 10 February 2023
The RSAI British & Irish Section is very pleased to announce the 49th annual RSAI-BIS conference which will be taking place in Newcastle, United Kingdom, on 4-6 July 2023, in the form of an in-person event.
Prize winners of 2022 Early Career Colloquium will be entitled to attend the 2023 annual RSAI-BIS conference for free.
The organiser also invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for the 2023 RSAI-BIS Annual Conference. Suggested themes for the conference are listed below, though quality papers in all areas of regional science are welcome.
- New and emerging issues around leveling up
- Smart cities: data-driven urban analytics
- Spatial analysis of productivity and labour markets
- Higher education and impact of universities on regional economies
- Migration, refugees, and integration
- Spatial analysis of voting behaviour and political outcomes
- Regional science in business (retail and geodemographics)
- Transportation networks and their regional economic impact
- Regional inequalities in health and well-being
- Spatial analysis of marine economies and renewable energy
- Urban futures (and sustainable cities)
Please submit your abstract online via this page: http://www.rsai-bis.org/online-abstract-submission.html
Early career researchers and doctoral students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Abstract submission opens: 1 December 2022
Deadline for abstract submission:
24 January 2023, Extended until 10 February 2023
Presenters notified of abstract decision: 7 February 2023
Preliminary programme released: 4 April 2023
Deadline for early-bird rate: 7 March 2023
Payment deadline for inclusion in programme: 1 June 2023
Proposals for special sessions are invited. Those wishing to organise special sessions are kindly invited to submit their proposals via the following submission portal http://www.rsai-bis.org/special-session-proposals.html.
Question on the conference should be directed to the Secretary Richard Rijnks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Conference Chair, Rachel Franklin (email@example.com).
Stay tuned on ERSA events and Join our Emailing list