AISRE XLV Annual Scientific Conference
Cities and Regions in the Digital Era and the Challenge of the Transition Towards the Circular Economy
4-6 September 2024, Turin, Italy
The Italian Regional Science Association (A.I.S.Re), the Italian Section of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI), announces its XLV Annual Scientific Conference and welcomes contributions from researchers working on different disciplines in the field of regional science. The conference venue is Università degli Studi di Torino, Campus Luigi Einaudi, Lungo Dora Siena, 100A.
The central theme of the conference is the digital and circular transformation and the new opportunities and challenges emerging from these radical changes for regions and cities.
Besides the main theme, the A.I.S.Re conference encorauges the discussion on the major topics in regional science. Thus, the A.I.S.Re invites all those interested to present original scientific works on the following themes:
A. Governance, regional and territorial public policies, European programming
B. Growth, decline, and regional disparities
C. Globalization, value chains and local production systems
D. Methods of territorial analysis and spatial econometrics
E. Labor, welfare, personal services and social policies
F. Tourism, culture and local development
G. Urban planning, real estate market and city development processes
H. Infrastructure, transport, mobility and local development
I. Wellbeing, sustainability, and local development
L. Urban development and agglomeration economies
M. Development and local entrepreneurship
N. Innovation, creativity and local development
O. Policy evaluation methods
Università degli Studi di Torino
Campus Luigi Einaudi – Lungo Dora Siena, 100A
HOW TO JOIN THE ASSOCIATION/CONFERENCE
There are two ways to participate in the Conference:
- with organized sessions. Participants can propose themselves as session organizers (no more than two sessions per organizer) on specific themes. The proposal can be submitted directly from the login area of the website, by entering the name of the scientific manager, the session title and the tentative number of presentations. The deadline for the submission is 31 January 2024.
- with individual papers. Those interested should submit an abstract by 29 February 2024, directly from the login area of the website. Consult this LINK to see detailed instructions for abstract submission. A template file for papers editing is also available on the Conference site (LINK).
31 January – Deadline for special sessions proposals
29 February – Deadline for abstract submission
26 April – Deadline for application to AISRe Award “G.Leonardi” Best PhD Dissertation,
20 May – Deadline for application to AISRe Award “Young Author Best Paper”
31 May – Deadline reduced registration fee
20 June – Deadline conference registration at full fee
20 July – Programme publication on the website (www.aisre.it), based on payed registrations
4-6 September – Conference
To promote the diffusion of Regional Science among young scholars, AISRe (the Italian Section of the Regional Science Association International) has established an annual award for two PhD dissertations in memory of Giorgio Leonardi, one award for the most original and innovative paper presented by a young scholar to its annual scientific conference, and one best poster award.
1. “GIORGIO LEONARDI” 2024 –BEST PH.D. DISSERTATION AWARD (2 Awards) – XXXIX EDITION (Deadline: 26 April 2024)
The Italian Association of Regional Sciences (AISRe), in memory of Giorgio Leonardi, announces annually a competition for two doctoral prizes in disciplines related to Regional Sciences in order to promote their diffusion among young scholars.
2. AISRe YOUNG AUTHOR BEST PAPER AWARD 2023 – XV EDITION (Deadline: 20 May 2024)
In order to promote the diffusion of Regional Sciences in the Italian academic world, AISRe award the most original and innovative paper to be presented at the Annual Conference by a young scholar.
The instructions for application are published in a dedicated call available in the Awards section.
REGISTRATION TO THE ASSOCIATION/CONFERENCE
Registration and participation in the Conference is subject to A.I.S.Re. membership, as individual, corporate or young member, available in the login area. Registration and membership fees are available at this LINK.
AISRe membership benefits include:
- the subscription to Scienze Regionali (Italian Journal of Regional Science) for the following calendar year;
- the volumes of the Regional Science Series (FrancoAngeli) published during the business year and the AISRe E-book (Donzelli);
- the registration to the Regional Science Association International (RSAI), which includes an online subscription to the journals Papers in Regional Science and Regional Science Policy and Practice for the following calendar year, the opportunity to pay a reduced fee at the Annual Conferences of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) (www.ersa.org) and the Regional Science Association International (RSAI) (www.regionalscience.org):
- Young scholars have also the opportunity to participate to the Summer/Winter Schools of AISRe.
Technical Secretary AISRe
Diana Sarmiento, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned on ERSA events, Join our Emailing list