19th EURegions Week of Regions and Cities
11-14 October 2021
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. This event serves as a platform for discussing and showcasing the development of EU cohesion policy and making decision-makers more aware of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en The University Sessions are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
Call for University Session Proposals
The Call for submission is OPEN
Deadline: 5pm CET, 11th March 2021
RSA, ERSA and AESOP will host around 10 sessions in-person or virtual (format to be confirmed) showcasing the best of new research to the largely policy-based audience at the week. We are now inviting proposals for these sessions. Participation in the #EURegionsWeek is an excellent opportunity to:
- showcase current academic research to policymakers and practitioners
- interact with actors in cohesion policy – politicians, policymakers, and practitioners
- reflect on key and emerging themes for future research
- promote knowledge exchange between policy makers and researchers and grow networks and alliances
- demonstrate the value/impact of research
We invite the submission of proposals that may relate to the following overarching themes which constitute the focus of the 19th edition: Green, Cohesion, Citizens, Digital.
- Sessions will be 90 minutes long
- Session proposals should be submitted with indicative chair/moderator and up to three speakers from within European countries (for an in-person event, there is the possibility to invite speakers from outside the EU but special permission will be required from the funders to cover travel expenses). For clarity, for an in-person event, the Commission will normally fund travel and accommodation for the chair/moderator and up to three additional speakers.
- The session proposal should clarify the interactive element of the session. For example, this could be engaging with the audience either through use of technologies such as slido, offering audience polls, word clouds etc or through an innovative session format with non-standard speakers etc. Organisers should assume that the audience will be primarily non-academic.
- Proposals need to be submitted online at https://rsaeurope.org/event/euregionsweek-2021/ and you will need to submit the following details as part of the proposal:
- Email, Telephone number
- Affiliation (Job title / position, Name of Higher Education Institution (HEI), Country)
- Thematic cluster (Green, Cohesion, Citizens, Digital)
- Title of the proposed workshop
- Short description of the proposed workshop (Please note that this text will become the description of your activity on the event website – max 500 characters)
- Detailed description of the proposed workshop (Please include indicative agenda and speaker(s) foreseen. This description will be used by the jury for the assessment of your application – max 1000 characters.)
Session organisers commit themselves to:
- minimise the environmental impact of in person session as well as to respect the paperless and plastic-free guidance received from the organiser.
- ensure that panels are made up of both female and male speakers. Male-only panels will not be accepted.
Important: Submission of a proposed session does not guarantee its acceptance and you should not book any travel or accommodation in advance of hearing from the Association if your proposal is being taken forward. In 2020, the #EURegionsWeek was held online. The recordings of the University Sessions are now available on the REPLAY section of the event web: https://rsaeurope.org/news/the-rsa-europe-at-the-2020-euregionsweek/
Stay updated on ERSA updated on ERSA upcoming activities, subscribe to ERSA Enewsletter