19th EURegionean Week of Regions and Cities
11-14 October 2021, online
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the event will take place virtually.
#EURegionsWeek 2021 Focus
Under the slogan “Together for recovery”, the #EURegionsWeek 2021 will be centred on four topics:
- Green Transition: for a sustainable and green recovery
- Cohesion: from emergency to resilience
- Digital Transition: for people
- Citizens’ engagement: for an inclusive, participative and fair recovery
#EURegionsWeekUniversity Sessions 2021
RSA, ERSA and AESOP will host 10 sessions online showcasing the best of new research to the largely policy-based audience at the week:
- Alternative and local food systems (ALFS) in a post-COVID-19 World; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- EU Funds, Quality of Sub-national Institutions, Rule of Law and COVID-19 Recovery; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- Supporting disabled and ethnic minority entrepreneurs: an engaged scholarship approach to inclusivity; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CET
- Regional Growth Against All Odds; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- Are Integrated Sustainable Urban Development Strategies contributing to a more cohesive EU territory?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- European stakeholder values regarding the Green Deal. Does space matter?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- The changing landscape of regional inequalities in the EU: economic, social and political dimensions; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CET
- Digital tools for the recovery and resilience of cities and regions during and after a pandemic; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- Border regions as living spaces; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- Spatial Justice in Post-Pandemic Europe; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
Login: click on the URL https://eu.app.swapcard.com/event/eu-regions-week and then on the button “Join the event” and fill in the required fields to register. For more information on how to register and on how to use Swapcard, please read the available userguide.
Browse the programme and start building your personal agenda! Regarding our above Agenda, please select (European Regional Science Association (ERSA) as a partner, and register for the sessions of your choice.
Please note: Speakers and the moderators are registered for their session. All Speakers and moderators entered in CMS will be contacted by the Secretariat to complete their profile in Swapcard.
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. This event serves as a platform for discussing and showcasing the development of EU cohesion policy and making decision-makers more aware of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en The University Sessions are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
Stay updated on ERSA updated on ERSA upcoming activities, subscribe to ERSA Enewsletter