If you are interested in posting a Job Announcement in regional science and related fields, please send your request to email@example.com
31 October 2018
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer National Institute of Demographic and Economic Analysis (NIDEA) Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The National Institute of Demographic and Economic Analysis (NIDEA) is the only social sciences research institute in a New Zealand university focussed specifically on demography, population economics, population health and population geography. NIDEA has a multidisciplinary team of researchers who are well known nationally and internationally for their research excellence.
Applications are invited for a continuing position focusing on population studies and demography. Candidates whose research aligns with or extends NIDEA’s current expertise in demography, Māori and indigenous population research, population health and migration are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in a relevant social science discipline (e.g. demography, sociology, population health, geography) and have teaching experience and a research profile commensurate with the position applied for.
Current salary range for Lecturers is NZ$74,034 to $89,163 and Senior Lecturers $91,710 to $106,995 per year dependent on qualifications and experience. Note – the rank of Lecturer in the New Zealand university system is equivalent to the rank of Assistant Professor in the North American and some other systems.
Enquiries of an academic nature should be directed to Professor Francis Collins, Director of NIDEA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy number: 380417 Application deadline: 15 November 2018 (NZ time)
For more information and to apply: www.jobs.waikato.ac.nz
31 October 2018
Two positions for Project on TiTuSS-Transport Infrastructure and Urban Spatial Structure: Economic, Social & Environmental Effects
The bullet points below summarise the essentials about the two job adverts:
- Candidates must hold a PhD in economics, geography, urban studies or similar fields with a very strong quantitative focus.
- For full details about the position: https://goo.gl/in9i6P
- Required documents: Motivation letter, CV, copy of PhD award certificate, copy of passport, 3 most relevant publications with brief justification, two letters of reference.
- Applicants should send the required documents to the Prof. Patricia Melo (email@example.com) with the reference “UECE/02/SAICT/2017-TiTuSS/PD/applicant surname”.
- The closing date for applications is 25 November 2018.
Research assistant fellowship:
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree in civil engineering, transport planning, geography and spatial planning or similar fields. They should have experience in GIS modelling and accessibility analysis.
- For full details about the TITUSS-assistant research fellowship: https://goo.gl/nvpEsB
- It is mandatory to formalize applications with the submission of the following documents: B1 Form – Fellowship application
- (http://ist-id.pt/documentos/bolsas-de-investigacao/) Curriculum Vitae, academic degree certificate and motivation letter.
- Applications must be submitted to Prof. João de Abreu e Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the reference “02/SAICT/2017-TiTuSS/BIM/applicants surname”
- The closing date for applications is 15 November 2018.
24 October 2018
Tenure track or tenured full time position in International Economics and of Economic Geography
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. The position is attached to the Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communicationand the Institute for Multidisciplinary Research in Quantitative Modelling and Analysis which offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research.
Application deadline: Thursday 15 November 2018 at 12.00 am
Download the full offer Here
3 October 2018
Assistant Professor (tenure track) in the geography of the resources of mountain regions
The Faculty of Geosciences and the Environment (FGSE) of the University of Lausanne invites applications for a professorship in the geography of the resources of mountain regions, to be based in the Institute of Geography and Sustainability (IGD). The successful candidate will develop a research and teaching program on issues related to the sustainable management of natural, social, and economic resources in mountain regions. Trained in the social and/or natural sciences, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in undertaking and developing interdisciplinary research at the interface of the social and natural sciences. Starting date: August 1st, 2019 (or to be agreed upon)
Workplace: Shared between University of Lausanne, Sion campus (Bramois, VS) and Lausanne campus (Géopolis building) – Switzerland
Application deadline: 31 October, 2018 (23:59 Swiss time GMT+1)
Download the full offer Here