If you are interested in posting a Job Announcement in regional science and related fields, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
28 October 2019
Internship Programme at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development, Italy
The OECD Trento Centre for Local Development is part of the Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE) of the OECD. The mission of the Trento Centre is to build capacities for local development in OECD member and non-member countries.
Recently, the OECD Trento centre has revamped its internship programme making it more flexible and comprehensive. Now, the applications are accepted any time for four 3-month internship periods during the year. OECD can be flexible in terms of the start and the end dates. The original internship duration can be extended several times up to 12 months of total duration.
OECD offers two internship streams:
- The Spatial Productivity Lab (SPL): a research-oriented programme with a strong empirical focus on regional development and productivity; currently, we work on several projects that leverage the micro-level and unconventional data.
- Capacity building: a stream of work closer aligned with subnational (regional and local) policy-making, evidence-based policy design and peer knowledge exchange.
Internships at OECD are open for students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD Trento Centre;
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of three months (a four- to six-month duration is strongly preferred);
- Have an excellent command of English;
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in multicultural and international team environment.
The internship is based in Trento, Italy. Interns can come from any country and are responsible for obtaining their VISA, if required.
OECD recruits interns on an on-going basis and applications are accepted throughout the year. You can apply anytime via our online application platform.
Your application will be considered for the round corresponding to the nearest of the four deadlines below:
- 1 December 2019
- 1 February 2020
- 1 June 2020
- 1 October 2020
Shortly after each deadline, all applications in the system are evaluated. Applicants who are not selected are removed from the system and are not considered during the next rounds.
The internship is expected to start in two months after the application deadline but an alternative timing can be agreed upon in certain circumstances.
More information is available here.
03 October 2019
Post-doc position on the spatial economic and environmental impacts of desertification at Bocconi GREEN (Centre for Geography, Resources, Environment, Energy and Networks), Milan, Italy
Sector: 13/A4 Applied Economics (Scientific Sector SECS-P/06 Applied Economics)
The post-doc researcher will be involved in the following 2-years programme:
“Climate change, soil vulnerability, biodiversity loss and growing anthropogenic pressure are putting the ecosystem of vast areas of Mediterranean countries at risk. The aim of the research project is to investigate a specific point of view of these threats, namely that of desertification and its interactions with the socio-economic system. In particular, the research will address how the vulnerability of soil to erosion and desertification phenomena is influenced not only by exogenous phenomena with respect to the location (for example, the rise of the seas as a result of global warming), but also by endogenous and local factors, and how this, in turn, influences the productivity of agricultural and manufacturing companies.”