If you are interested in posting a Job Announcement in regional science and related fields, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
07 August 2019
The Hochschule Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences is inviting applications for the following professorship in the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics at the Mönchengladbach campus:
Economics, Regional and Sectoral Structural Policy
Salary Grade W 2 LBesO W
that their graduates are in demand on the labour market.
- Hold a university degree in economics as well as a relevant doctorate.
- You have publications in high-ranking international journals
- Proven experience in empirical regional economic research and are represented nationally and internationally in relevant networks,
- Research experience in the field of research and project management beyond the doctorate in at least one relevant institute/department, and several years of experience in the acquisition and implementation of third-party funding projects with the aim of knowledge transfer; successful acquisition of third-party funding must be proven.
You have strong communication, cooperation and team skills as well as a willingness to develop both personally and professionally.
- Experience in the organisation of courses for a large number of students
- Experience in the application of innovative teaching/ learning/ examination methods in higher education
- Experience in an economic field of activity, preferably in a company with an international environment and
- Experience in political consulting, e.g. in the context of a self-governing business organisation (e.g. Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Chamber of Trade).
General recruitment requirements in accordance with Article 36 of the Law on Higher
Education of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Higher Education Act HG)
Completed studies at a scientific university;
- Special competence in scientific work, which is usually demonstrated by the quality of a doctorate;
- Special achievements in the application or development of scientific findings and methods over a five-year period of professional activity, of which at least three years
must have been completed outside the higher education sector in a field related to subjects described above.
- In accordance with the specific requirements of the advertised professorship, the latter requirement may be replaced by additional academic achievements (e.g. academic achievements within the framework of a habilitation or as an academic employee at a university or non-university research institution).
- An attractive working environment and the opportunity to help shape teaching and research at a high-performing university of applied sciences, as well as to accompany young people on their academic path to their professional careers.
- Through the networks in the region and beyond, NIERS also open up opportunities for your own research and transfer activities.
- Recruitment to a civil servant post up to the age of 49 (parental leave, military and community services are taken into account).
- W2 salary with the possibility to receive vocational, special and / or functional benefits in addition to the basic salary.
- Support from family service with regard to the reconciliation of work and your personal life situation
If you have any content-related questions please contact
Prof. Dr. Martin Wenke
Email: Martin.Wenke@hs-niederrhein.de, Phone: +49 (0)2161 186-6442
If you have any questions regarding recruitment
Department of Human Resources Management and Staff Development
Email: email@example.com, Phone: +49 (0)2151 822-2456
Please submit your application with:
- the usual documents (with corresponding certificates),
- the completed application form (obtainable at www.hs-niederrhein.de/professorenportal),
- as well as an exposé of past and planned research activities and cooperation concepts within the university to our application portal stating the reference code P3-08-9/2019.