2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
Territorial resilience: mitigation and adaptation
October 4-5, 2018, Barcelona, Spain
AQR-IREA is pleased to announce the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics.
The workshop will be focused on different aspects of Territorial Resilience. Its aim is to bring together cutting-edge research papers around two complementary and interrelated axis:
- Processes of mitigation (Resistance-Recovery), including topics such as migration analysis, inequality and social cohesion and labour market issues.
- Adaptive resilience (Re-orientation-Renewal), considering ways to improve regional conditions, such as human capital and educational mismatches, Entrepreneurship and self-employment, and Regional development strategies, encompassing globalization and trade and smart regional strategies.
Alessandra Faggian (Gran Sasso Science Institute, L’Aquila)
Péter Benczúr (Joint Research Centre, Ispra)
- Deadline for papers submission: July 15th 2018
- Notification of acceptance: July 23rd 2018
- Preliminary programme: September 5th 2018
- Registration opens: September 6th 2018
- Final programme: September 17th 2018
- Registration close: September 28th 2018
For further information, please contact aqr_workshop(at)ub.edu.
Download the call for papers in pdf_format.