RSAI British & Irish Section
48th Annual Conference
7-9 July, 2020, Stirling University and Stirling Court Hotel United Kingdom
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The RSAI British & Irish Section invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for the 2020 RSAI-BIS Annual Conference. Suggested themes for the conference are listed below, though quality papers in all areas of regional science are welcome.
· Spatial analysis of productivity and labour markets
· Higher education and impact of universities on regional economies
· Migration, refugees, and integration
· Spatial analysis of voting behaviour and political outcomes
· Regional science in business (retail and geodemographics)
· Transportation networks and their regional economic impact
· Regional disparities in health and well-being outcomes
· Spatial analysis of marine economies and renewable energy
· Scottish devolution, the UK and Brexit
· Urban futures (and sustainable cities)
· Inequalities in subjective wellbeing
· Social welfare assistance and reform
Abstract submissions can be made online here.
Early career researchers and doctoral students are strongly encouraged to apply. There are prizes for the best conference paper and the best conference presentation by early career researchers / PhD students, and a heavily discounted conference fee.
Abstract submission opens: November 11th, 2019
Registration opens: January 13th, 2020
Deadline for abstract submission: February 21st, 2020
Presenters notified of abstract decision: March 2nd, 2020
Deadline for early-bird rate: April 27th, 2020
Payment deadline for inclusion in programme: May 18th, 2020
Preliminary programme released: June 1st, 2020
Proposals for special sessions are invited. Those wishing to organise special sessions are kindly invited to submit their proposals via the following submission portal
Please visit the conference website for more details.
Stay tuned on ERSA events, join our Join our Emailing list