RSAI British & Irish Section
48th Annual Conference
5-7 July 2022, Stirling, Scotland
The RSAI British & Irish Section are very pleased to announce the 48th annual RSAI-BIS conference which will be taking place in Stirling, Scotland, on 5-7 July 2022, in the form of an in-person event. The traditional early-career colloquium, which successfully moved online this year, will take place in an online format prior to the conference. More details on the themes of the conference, and important dates, can be found in the conference page.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The organizer invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for the 2022 RSAI-BIS Annual Conference. Suggested themes for the conference are listed below, though quality papers in all areas of regional science are welcome.
· Spatial analysis of productivity and labour markets
· Higher education and impact of universities on regional economies
· Migration, refugees, and integration
· Spatial analysis of voting behaviour and political outcomes
· Regional science in business (retail and geodemographics)
· Transportation networks and their regional economic impact
· Regional disparities in health and well-being outcomes
· Spatial analysis of marine economies and renewable energy
· Scottish devolution, the UK and Brexit
· Urban futures (and sustainable cities)
· Inequalities in subjective wellbeing
· Social welfare assistance and reform
Abstract submissions can be made online at http://www.rsai-bis.org/online-abstract-submission.html
Early career researchers and doctoral students are strongly encouraged to apply. There are prizes for the best conference paper and the best conference presentation by early career researchers / PhD students, and a heavily discounted conference fee.
Abstract submission opens: 1 November 2021
Deadline for abstract submission: 30 January 2022
Presenters notified of abstract decision: 15 February 2022
Preliminary programme released: 4 April 2022
Deadline for early-bird rate: 1 May 2022
Payment deadline for inclusion in programme: 5 June 2022
Proposals for special sessions are invited. Those wishing to organise special sessions are kindly invited to submit their proposals via the following submission portal http://www.rsai-bis.org/special-session-proposals.html
Question on the conference should be directed to the Secretary Richard Rijnks (email@example.com) or the Conference Chairs Graham Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andy Newing (A.Newing@leeds.ac.uk).
Stay updated on ERSA upcoming activities, subscribe to ERSA Enewsletter