International Summer School 2020
Regional development in a post-crisis and post-globalized world
29 June – 03 July 2020, Split, Croatia
The croatian section of European Regional Science Association (ERSA) is proud to announce the International Summer School 2020 with topic “Regional development in a post-crisis and post-globalized world” which represents a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes, challenges and future perspective of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners. This year’s edition will be organised by Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, University of Split, Croatia and Croatian Section of ERSA.
The Summer School has been tailored to upper-year undergraduates, graduate students, PhD students and professionals from all over the world (social, humanistic, natural sciences and technical sciences).
The Summer School course “Regional Development in Post-Crisis and Post-Global World“ offers a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes and challenges of regional and urban development and management in dialogue with international academic experts and practitioners. This will be achieved through lectures from leading academics and experts in the field.
During the course, the participants will obtain a profound understanding of the substance and usefulness of the most important concepts in regional development, while they will also become part of a network of contacts with academics and practitioners working in the field. This will allow them to either re-orient their future studies or refresh and extend existing knowledge.
At the end of the class the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate the current socio-economic issues of regional development.
- Develop basic framework for analysing the knowledge based on the latest achievements about the role of infrastructure, institutions and innovations for local and regional development.
- Connect various elements of regional and local development.
- Develop a holistic perspective on local and regional development using an integrative approach towards complex mechanisms of local and regional development.
- Graduate and postgraduate students (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities)
- Professionals working in the field
- Students wanting to acquire a mark equivalent to 6 ECTS have the opportunity to do so on the basis of a satisfactory take-home Essay, to be submitted by July 15th 2020.
- Course attendance and receiving a passing grade in the writing exam which will be given in the form of an essay.
- The essay should cover critical considerations about local and regional development in various areas of the EU, viewed from the perspective of a methodical approach, considering the role of EU regional policy.
- The essay should have approximately 10.000 words.
Come to the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, University of Split, located in beautiful city of Split; the heart of coastal Croatia, and experience an inspiring Summer School “Regional development in a post-crisis and post-globalized world”.
Chair person of the Organizing Committee: Vinko Muštra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Stay tuned on ERSA events and Join our Emailing list