International Summer School 2022
Regional development in a post-crisis and post-global world
27 June – 1 July 2022, Split, Croatia
The Croatian section of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) is proud to organize a course covering the regional topic as part of the FEBT Summer School 2022 Programme. The Course titled “Regional development in a post-crisis and post-global world” explores the most recent work in the field of regional development.
Andrés Rodríguez-Pose – André Torre – Karima Kourtit – Peter Nijkamp – Alberto Giacometti – Francesco Molica – Gabriela Carmen Pascariu – Lewis Dijkstra – Blanka Šimundić – Vinko Muštra
The course explores the most recent and exciting work in the field of regional development. Both theoretical and empirical aspects will be covered, with a precise focus on regional policy that improves economic well-being in different regions. The course gives the participants an opportunity to enhance analytical and critical skills relevant for developing a holistic perspective on regional development with a special focus on issues of post-crisis and post-globalized world. This course is the opportunity for scholars and professionals to enhance their knowledge about and discuss on issues closely related to the role of infrastructure, institutions and innovations for local and regional development.
At the end of the course the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate the current socio-economic issues of regional development.
- Develop basic framework for analysing the knowledge base of the latest achievements on the role of infrastructure, institutions and innovations for local and regional development.
- Connect various elements of regional and local development.
- Develop a holistic perspective on local and regional development that takes an integrative approach towards complex mechanisms of local and regional development
- Graduate students in economics (or in social sciences, technical sciences or science related fields) who intend to round out their knowledge in the regional science and use it in the process of preparing dissertations.
- Holders of undergraduate degrees or students in the last year of their studies in economics or the social sciences who wish to study the field of regional economics.
- Researchers and professionals working in the field.
- “Early bird” application deadline: May 10, 2022
- “Early bird” notification of acceptance: May 15, 2022
- “Early bird” payment deadline: May 20, 2022
- “Regular” application deadline: June 15, 2022
- “Regular” notification of acceptance: June 18, 2022
- “Regular” payment deadline: June 22, 2022
Details on the Course fee can be found here!
Contact of the organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned on ERSA events, Join our Emailing list