18th European Week of Regions and Cities 2020
#EURegionsWeekUniversity Webinar series
13-15 October 2020
The #EURegionsWeek is an annual four-day event during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union cohesion policy, and prove the importance of the local and regional level for good European governance. The meeting is held in Brussels, organised and led by the European Commission’s DGs for Regional Policy and Employment and the Committee of the Regions and brings together 6,000+ local, regional, national and European decision-makers and academic experts in regional and local development.
Participation in the #EURegionsWeek is an excellent opportunity:
• to showcase current academic research to policymakers and practitioners.
• to interact with range of actors in cohesion policy – politicians, policymakers and practitioners.
• to reflect on key themes for future research – these engagements are frequently thought provoking and challenging
• to allow practitioners and policymakers to gain new contacts and insights into academia to support their work locally
• to demonstrate the practical value/impact of research
The #EURegionsWeekUniversity Webinar Series is organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
In 2020, we run a series of webinar sessions in the framework of the #EURegionsWeekUniversity to showcase current academic research and to promote knowledge exchange between policymakers and researchers:
- Is circular economy the future of our regions? Tue 13, October 2020, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST
- Boosting Startups and Scale-ups Tue 13, October 2020, 11:30 – 13:00 CEST
- A Territorial Agenda 2030 for Cohesion? Tue 13, October 2020, 14:30 – 16:00 CEST
- Refugees’ crisis: economic and social impacts Tue 13, October 2020, 16:30 – 18:00 CEST
- Pandemics, Cities, Regions and Industry Wed 14, October 2020, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST
- Applying a gender lens to Cohesion Policy: What framework for equal opportunities? Wed 14, October 2020, 11:30 – 13:00 CEST
- Regional Policies for the Green Deal Wed 14, October 2020, 14:30 – 16:00 CEST
- Localised Trends and Strategies for SDGs Wed 14, October 2020, 16:30 – 18:00 CEST
- A New European Industrial Strategy oriented towards citizens and the territory Thu 15, October 2020, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST
- Commons in European cities Thu 15, October 2020, 11:30 – 13:00 CEST
How to sign up? The #EURegionsWeekUniversity Webinars are free to attend but as places are limited, we recommend signing up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. To register, go to https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions_en and filter by keyword “#EURegionsWeekUniversity“, then click on the session title and read the detailed description. To register to the sessions you need first to sign in with your EU Login or create an account (note that two-factor authentication is required) and then to complete your personal profile.
The registration is open until
27 September 7 October 2020.
Stay tuned on ERSA events, join our Emailing list