Master Class: The Call for applications is open
For the third time, ERSA is happy to participate in the The Master Class Programme which is part of the 15th European Week of Regions and Cities organised and led by the European Commission. The EWRC is the biggest event world-wide on regional and urban development.
We are happy to announce that the call for applications for the Master Class is open. 30 PhD students and early-career researchers will be selected and have the chance to participate in the 5th edition of this Master Class to be held between 8 and 12 October 2017.
The Master Class is a unique format to connect young researchers and will include presentations of papers by the participants as well as lectures and panel debates with policy makers, EU officials and senior academics to improve understanding of and research on EU Cohesion Policy.
Applications must be accompanied by abstracts of papers to be developed on one of these themes:
1) Resilient regions and cities: What local and regional strategies have proved successful in addressing the economic crisis and providing resilience? What lessons have regional and local authorities learned from the crisis and how has EU Cohesion Policy contributed to these lessons?
2) Governance of regional local development: How does EU Cohesion Policy influence “good governance” and innovation in the public sector?
3) Sharing knowledge across borders: How does EU Cohesion Policy facilitate learning between regions and cities and what are future directions in this respect?
Interested PhD students and early career researchers are requested to submit applications by the deadline of 9 May 2017, 3pm BST.
Are you interested in what this prestigious event look like? Have a look at the last year proceedings.
The 2017 Master Class programme is available here. Please note that the organisers will cover travel and accommodation expenses of all participants.
More info: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/regions-and-cities/2017/detail.cfm?id=2536&LAN=EN&#anchor_2536
The Master Class will be organised and led by the European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO), the EU Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the Regional Studies Association (RSA) in cooperation with the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
Like last year, ERSA will be collaborating for the 15th European Week of Regions and Cities to be held in Brussels, from 9-12 October 2017. EWRC Univeristy and Master class will be organised this year in cooperation with ERSA. Under the main headline of ‘Regions and Cities working for a better future’, the event will focus on three sub-themes :
- Building resilient regions and cities
- Regions and cities as change agents
- Sharing knowledge to deliver results
Registration to the European Week of Regions and cities will open in July 2017, with free admission, via the event website : http://www.regions-and-cities.europa.eu