POSTPONED TO 2021
11th Summer Conference in Regional Science
Structural change in rural and urban economies
2-3 July 2020 at the Thünen Institute in Braunschweig, Germany
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the Local Organising Committee regrettably announces that this event is postponed to summer 2021. Please address the LOC for further information that may be needed.
The 11th Summer Conference in Regional Science of the German-speaking section (GfR) of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) aims at bringing together researchers from the areas of urban and regional economics, economic geography and other related fields.
The conference has a special focus on structural change in rural and urban economies. A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
• Effects of globalization and digitalization
• Place-based policies
• Population decline and migration
• Provision of local public goods
• Public finances at local level
• Spatial disparities
• Spatial evolution and distribution of economic activities
Theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented contributions focussing on other topics related to regional science are highly welcome as well.
• Eveline van Leeuwen (Wageningen University), Vice President of ERSA
• Tobias Seidel (University of Duisburg-Essen)
Please submit your paper or extended abstract between 15 January and
29 February 2020 15 March 2020 via the online submission form.
See full announcement and the preliminary programme here.
Stay tuned on ERSA events and Join our Emailing list