1st AISRe Summer School
European territorial challenges and regional policy: theories and methods
6-10 July 2020, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Di.SEA.DE
Associazione Italiana di Scienze Regionali (AISRe), the Italian Section of the ERSA, is delighted to announce the 1st AISRe Summer School which will be held at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Di.SEA.DE.
Objectives and themes
The Summer School will focus on the most relevant theoretical concepts and analytical models in order to understand the implications of the recent territorial challenges in Europe. The goal of the Summer School is to teach a research method for studying complex issues, both positive and normative, with advanced theoretical and methodological tools. Within this framework, the Summer School will address the following topics:
• Development and growth: a comparison between old and new indicators
• Global challenges (migration and global value chain)
• Changing territorial structure (urban regions and major cities)
• Regional policy: instruments, modelling and assessment
Structure of the Program
Each topic will be developed along one day through lessons, seminars on specific topics and tutorial sessions according to the following scheme:
9.30-12.30 a.m. lesson
14.00-16.00 p.m. lesson/seminar/tutorial session
16.30-18.30 Students’ presentation
Confirmed senior scholars with high reputation on the topics of the Summer School will deliver lectures, while experts will conduct seminars and tutorial sessions. All presentations will be in English.
- Development and growth: a comparison between old and new indicators (Paolo Veneri, OECD; Camilla Lenzi, Politecnico di Milano)
- Migrations and globalization: two challenges for territorial development (Alessandra Faggian, GSSI; Laura Resmini, Università di Milano Bicocca; Andrea Ascani, Utrecht University))
- Changing territorial structure (Ezio Micelli, IUAV, Venezia)
- Regional policy: instruments, modelling and assessment (Fabio Mazzola, Universita di Palermo; Andrea Conte, EC-JRC, Sevilla; Simona Comi, Università di Milano-Bicocca; Luca Bettarelli, Università di Milano-Bicocca)
Local Organizing Committee
Laura Resmini, Università di Milano-Bicocca (Co-ordinator)
Luca Bettarelli, Università di Milano-Bicocca
Simona Comi, Università di Milano-Bicocca
Roberta Capello (Politecnico di Milano); Cristina Bernini (Università di Bologna); Marusca De Castris
(Università degli Studi Roma Tre); Alessandra Faggian (Gran Sasso Science Institute – GSSI); Patrizia Lattarulo
(IRPET); Ilaria Mariotti (Politecnico di Milano); Rosanna Nisticò (Università della Calabria); Andrea Omizzolo
(EURAC); Guido Pellegrini (Università di Roma La Sapienza); Giovanni Perucca (Politecnico di Milano); Davide
Piacentino (Università di Palermo); Vincenzo Provenzano (Università di Palermo); Elena Ragazzi (IRCrES –
CNR); Francesca Silvia Rota (IRES Piemonte); Domenico Scalera (Università del Sannio).
How to participate
- PhD students and early career researchers with less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience, from Italian
universities and research centres can apply to this call.
- Candidates must send their CV (Europass format, maximum 5 pages) and an abstract of a researchproject/paper on which they are currently working (maximum 2,000 words). The selection committee willevaluate the applications on the basis of the documentation submitted. The CV and the quality of the abstract, as far as its consistency with the topics of regional and urban sciences, are the only criteria for the selection.
- Candidates have to send their application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th 2020. In the object of the email, please specify “NAME OF THE CANDIDATE – Application to the AISRe summer school”.
- A maximum of 25 candidates will be selected for participation, and they will receive an email notification by 15th April 2020.
There are no registration fees. Travel, meals and accommodation are at the expense of the participant. Options for accommodation at affordable prices in the university campus will be discussed after the selection of the participants, based on the number of bed places available. Once selected, participants are requested to register as individual member of the Association. Information about membership fees can be found on the Association website. AISRe membership also includes:
- a subscription to Scienze Regionali (Italian Journal of Regional Science) for the following calendar year (https://www.mulino.it/riviste/issn/1720-3929);
- the volumes of the Regional Science Series (FrancoAngeli) published during the business year;
- the registration to the Regional Science Association International (RSAI), which includes an online
subscription to the journals Papers in Regional Science and Regional Science Policy & Practice for the
following calendar year;
- the opportunity to pay a reduced fee at the annual conferences of the international associations: European Regional Science Association (ERSA) (www.ersa.org) and Regional Science Association International (RSAI) (https://regionalscience.org/).
A certificate of attendance will be issued at the end of the school, for full participation only.
See full information here.
Stay tuned on ERSA events and Join our Emailing list