AECR International Conference 2022
Challenges, policies and governance of the territories in the post-covid era
19-21 October 2022, University of Granada, Spain
The Call for abstract
The abstract submission for the XLVII Meeting of Regional Science and the XIII Andalusian Conference of Regional Science, organized by the Spanish and Andalusian Associations of Regional Science, is open. The Conference will be held at the University of Granada from 19th to 21nd of October 2022, with the organizative support of the Interuniversity Research Institute for Regional Development (IDR) and the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commision.
The main topic of this XLVII edition is: “Challenges, policies and governance of the territories in the post-covid era”. Focus on the main territorial challenges we face after the pandemic and on the need for coordination among the actors that design and implement policies. The pandemic has revealed the existence of inequalities and of severe differences across territories. It has risen asymmetries in factor endowment and unemployment and has altered the whole industrial structure, especially in peripheral areas. It has fostered migration and urban concentration processes, too. In sum, the pandemic has brought new economic, social and environmental concerns.
As in previous editions, the submission of results of on-going research without a full paper will be welcomed. To be considered by the Scientific Committee these submissions should have a minimum length of 1,500 words. Here you can find the templates and more information on the Conference.
Unpublished papers written by researchers under 33 years or who defended their PhD thesis during the two years prior to the Conference are eligible for the Juan Ramón Cuadrado Young Researchers’ Prize. The jury of that prize will be the Scientific Committee of the Conference. The authors of the paper awarded will receive an accreditation for the award and a gift.
PhD students in the first stages of their dissertations and master’s degree students with a research orientation will have reduced registration fees to facilitate their access to the parallel sessions of the Conference and their participation in the special session for young researchers. There they will have the opportunity to briefly present their research ideas.
The Organizing Committee invites you to propose Special Sessions for the Conference. Proposals can be made from now until May 15th and they will be published once they are approved by the Scientific Committee and the Organizing Committee. To make a proposal It is necessary to send the title of the session and the name of the coordinator or coordinators as well as a brief description to the Secretariat of the Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is recommended that a session has a minimum of four contributions. In the case of sessions with a high number of contributions, these will be scheduled in accordance with the coordinators criteria.
- Growth, convergence and development.
- Competitiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Economy of knowledge and geography of innovation.
- Globalization and territory.
- Location of economic activities.
- Sustainability, environment and natural resources.
- Demographic change, population and migratory movements.
- Inequality and social cohesion of the territories.
- Labor market and territory.
- Entrepreneurship and business dynamics.
- Tourism, culture and heritage.
- Governance and impact of territorial policies.
- Land planning, urban planning and housing.
- New frontiers in territorial statistical information.
- Methods for territorial analysis.
- S-TC University-Environment knowledge transfer sessions
- S-JI.- Young Researchers Sessions: “I have an idea…”
- Call to abstracts: March 15.
- Presentation of extended abstracts-papers: June 15.
- Acceptance of extended abstracts-papers: June 30.
- Ordinary payment: ends on July 10.
- Congress dates: October 19-21.
Technical Secretary of the AECR
Conxita Rodríguez Izquierdo, Telephone: 00 34 93 310 11 12, Email: email@example.com
Stay tuned on ERSA events and Join our Emailing list