We are seeking to appoint at least three editors to join the editorial team of REGION – the journal of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA).
About the Candidates
The journal is seeking to appoint at least three new editors. The role is open to researchers who have already published in the general regional science field and are sympathetic to the principles underpinning the journal.
Using a professional online system (OJS), the editors manage the review of submitted papers, making decisions on which papers to send for double-blind review, selecting reviewers, and making and recording decisions on acceptance or resubmission.
Editors will attend approximately six online editorial team meetings per year. They will also be expected to support initiatives to promote the journal and raise awareness of it in the regional science community. The duration of the appointment is for four years in the first instance and the total time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week.
- An established track record of research in the field of regional science
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage workflows efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collegially as part of the editorial team.
- Experience of the peer review processes as both a reviewer and author.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in the field of regional science or a related field.
- Previous editorial experience, including management of papers and any journal manuscript management system
- A strong international network within the regional science community.
- RSAI-ERSA Individual Membership
Candidates are invited to apply by submitting a brief CV (maximum 3 pages) and a personal statement (maximum 500 words) showing how they meet the requirements and their ideas for the development of the journal (impact for policymakers, future issues in regional science, etc.)
The selection of the new Editor/s will be made by ERSA in the light of recommendations from the editorial team. The post is for commencement as soon as possible after the decision has been made.
The journal specifically welcomes applications from communities that are currently under-represented among editorial boards, such as female researchers and researchers from less developed countries.
For informal inquiries contact the editorial team at email@example.com.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (please use the subject line: REGION Editor Application)
Closing date: January 31st, 2022, no later than 5pm (CET)