20th European Week of Regions and Cities
New Challenges for Europe’s Cohesion
10-13 October 2022
We are excited to announce that the registration for #EURegionsWeek has started! Join us online for the University Workshops Programme (11-13 October) and College Workshops, specifically designed for PhD students and early career researchers.
10 sessions of #EURegionsWeekUniversity (online)
Tuesday 11th October 2022
- EU Cities as Green Deal Actors – 09.30-11.00 CEST
- The Impact of Digital Transition in Rural Areas, how to Avoid Exclusion and Inequalities – 11.30-13.00 CEST
- Digital Sustainability? Potentialities and Pitfalls of Digitally Supported Ecological Transition – 14.30-16.00 CEST
- Tourism as a Driver of Social Exclusion: Old and New Challenges for the Urban Agenda – 16.30-18.00 CEST
Wednesday 12th October 2022
- Effects of the Ukraine War on Regional Development Priorities – 09.30-11.00 CEST
- Placing Youth Well-being at the Centre of Post-pandemic Recovery in – 11.30-13.00 CEST
- Towards a Just Transition for Europe’s Regions – 14.30-16.00 CEST
- Going Circular in Cities and Regions: From Policy to Practice – 16.30-18.00 CEST
Thursday 13th October 2022
- European Border Cities for Territorial Development and Cohesion – 09.30-11.00 CEST
- Challenges in Digitalising Islands: Networks, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development – 11.30-13.00 CEST
3 Sessions of #EURegionsWeekCollege for Ph.D. students and early career researchers (online)
- Cohesion policy and academic debate, Wednesday 12th October, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST, 12WS22138
- A conversation with… – Discussion on EU cohesion policy, Wednesday 12th October, 11:30 to 13:00 CEST, 12WS22139
- Research at the European Parliament, Wednesday 12th October, 14:30 – 16:00 CEST, 12WS22140
The webinars are free to attend but places are limited therefore we recommend to sign up as soon as possible.
Deadline: 30th September 2022
To find full details on the above programme search “#EURegionsWeekUniversity” or ” EURegionsWeekUniversity”
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is a major annual event dedicated to regional policy. The week serves as a platform to discuss and showcase the development of EU Cohesion Policy and to raise awareness of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More information on the week can be found at https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en.
The #EURegionsWeekCollege and the #EURegionsWeekUniversity are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).